Burgeaux Bay is a picturesque travel destination for visitors looking to explore the Caribbean island of Saint Martin. The beach along Burgeaux Bay offers an incredible view of the clear blue Caribbean waters during the day as well as breathtaking sunsets in the evening.
Burgeaux Bay Beach is often visited by surfers for the large waves in the shallow waters of the cove that make it ideal for surfing. The tide pools at Burgeaux Bay are home to a variety of shellfish and sea urchins. Some of the features of the Burgeaux Bay area are luxurious villas which have direct access to the beach, a winding path dividing Burgeaux Bay Beach from the residential areas, and a view of the neighboring island of St. Barths.
Table of Contents
- What is the location of Burgeaux Bay?
- What are the ways to go to Burgeaux Bay?
- What should you wear in Burgeaux Bay?
- What activities can be done in Burgeaux Bay?
- What are the facts about Burgeaux Bay?
What is the location of Burgeaux Bay?
Burgeaux Bay is located on the southwestern coast of Sint Maarten, on the Dutch side of the island between Maho beach and Simpson Bay. The coordinates for Burgeaux Bay are 18°02’08.6″N 63°07’02.9″W.
Which country governs Burgeaux Bay?
The country that governs Burgeaux Bay is the Netherlands. Burgeaux Bay is situated on the southern side of the border division in St. Maarten. The northern region of Saint Martin from the border division falls under the French government while the southern region falls under the Dutch government.
What are the ways to go to Burgeaux Bay?
There are a few ways to go to Burgeaux Bay. Some of the ways to get to Burgeaux Bay are listed below.
- By car: Visitors can use a car rental to go to Burgeaux Bay. Car rentals can cost at least $28 (€25) per day.
- By bicycle: There are bicycle rentals available near Burgeaux Bay in the neighboring Simpson Bay. The average cost of a bicycle rental is at least $11 (€10) per day.
- By taxi: There are taxi services that can provide transportation to Burgeaux Bay for an average cost between at least $5 to $45 (€4.50 to €41) depending on the time and distance of the trip.
- By bus: A bus is the cheapest form of transportation in Sint Maarten. A one-way bus trip to Burgeaux Bay can cost at least $1 to $3 (€1 to €2.80) per person.
- By walking: Burgeaux Bay is situated across a residential area with direct walking access to the beach. Burgeaux Bay is also situated within a 10-minute walking distance from nearby locations such as Simpson Bay and Maho Beach.
When is the best time to go to Burgeaux Bay?
The best time to go to Burgeaux Bay is during the month of January. The month of January is considered to be part of the summer season in St. Martin which is ideal for some sunbathing and a relaxing time at the beach. There are often light offshore winds that produce clean surfable waves, making Burgeaux Bay an ideal surfing destination in Sint Maarten, during the month of January.
What are the best clubs near Burgeaux Bay?
There are a few clubs near Burgeaux Bay. The clubs near Burgeaux Bay are among some of the best clubs in St. Martin. Some of the best clubs near Burgeaux Bay are listed below.
- Mykonos Sint Maarten: This club is located within a 2-minute drive and at least 0.3 miles (0.45 km) from Burgeaux Bay. Mykonos Sint Maarten is an ideal party destination right by the sea with different DJs hosted every weekend to entertain guests. A variety of drinks such as champagne, cocktails, and wines are offered at the bar. The average cost of a night of fun at Mykonos Sint Maarten is between $15 to $25 (€13 to €22) per person.
- The Refuge: This is a restaurant and lounge located within a 2-minute drive and at least 0.3 miles (0.45 km) from Burgeaux Bay. Visitors can enjoy a night of dancing on the beach to music played by a Dj while indulging in some of Sint Maarten’s finest liquors. The food served at The Refuge includes delicious Italian and Caribbean cuisines with vegan and vegetarian meal options. The cost of a night at The Refuge varies according to the number and types of meals and drinks ordered. The average cost is between at least $20 to $60 (€17 to €53) per person.
- Platinum Room: This is an adult nightclub located within a 3-minute drive and at least 0.6 miles (1 km) from Burgeaux Bay. This nightclub is popular for its live entertainment and shows that are presented weekly to entertain visitors. This nightclub offers exotic wines, champagnes, cocktails, and other local drinks. The Platinum room is also popular for its ideal location near casinos, shops, restaurants, and other nightclubs in the area. The average price for an evening at The Platinum Room is between $30 to $60 (€26 to €53) per person.
- The Gamers Lounge: This is a dance nightclub situated within a 2-minute drive and 0.4 miles (0.6 km) from Burgeaux Bay. The Gamers lounge offers a night of dancing to DJs playing popular Caribbean music such as “Soca” and “Dancehall”. Visitors can enjoy a variety of themed parties, local drinks at the bar, or a game of pool at the pool table in the lounge. Entry to The Gamers Lounge is usually free with guests only having to pay for drinks which can cost between at least $4 to $25 (€3.50 to €23) per person.
- WE Lounge: This is a high-class lounge located within a 3-minute driving distance and 0.5 miles (0.85 km) from Burgeaux Bay. The meals at this lounge are diverse with international influences. The WE Lounge is also known for its creative bartenders who often showcase lively freestyle cocktails and shot shows such as “the waterfall” or “the flaming tower”. The modern and sophisticated WE Lounge features modern and classical music played by a Dj for the enjoyment of guests who are hosting an event or who just want to enjoy a night of dancing with their friends. The average cost of a night out at the WE Lounge is from at least $10 to $100 (€8 to €88) per person.
What are the best restaurants near Burgeaux Bay?
The best restaurants near Burgeaux Bay serve a variety of cuisines. The best restaurants in St. Martin feature local Caribbean food as well as other international dishes. Some of the best restaurants near Burgeaux Bay are listed below.
- Sunset Bar and Grill: This restaurant is situated within a 2-minute drive and at least 0.3 miles (0.45 km) from Burgeaux Bay. Sunset Bar and Grill offers a diverse selection of delicious cocktails and meals such as burgers, sandwiches, and grilled BBQ dishes. There is also daily live entertainment from a DJ playing some music or a local band performing some Caribbean island music at Sunset Bar and Grill. This restaurant is situated on the beach with a front row view of the blue Caribbean waters and the plane landings at Maho Beach. The average cost of a meal at Sunset Bar and Grill is between $8 to $30 (€7.40 to €28).
- Salt Restaurant and Bar: This restaurant is located within a 3-minute drive and 0.4 miles (0.6 km) from Burgeaux Bay. Salt Restaurant and Bar is situated at The Morgan Resort & Spa hotel and is open to the public. This restaurant features live entertainment on the weekend and a cozy pool-side bar with an extended view of the Caribbean Sea. The restaurant serves tasty cocktails and other drinks, in addition to the fine diverse Caribbean seafood dishes offered. The average cost of a meal at Salt Restaurant and Bar is between at least $7 to $30 (€6.50 to €28).
- Driftwood Boat Bar: This restaurant is located within a 2-minute drive and 0.4 miles (0.6 km) from Burgeaux Bay. Driftwood Boat Bar is the closest bar to the runway at Princess Juliana International Airport and is excellent for plane spotting. The delicious meals include flavourful pizza and grilled meat among other dishes. There are also a variety of tasty tropical drinks and cocktails that can be enjoyed while relaxing on the beach. The average cost of meals at Driftwood Boat Bar is between at least $5 to $23 (€4.60 to €21).
- 3 Amigos Restaurant: This restaurant is a Tex-Mex restaurant located within a 3-minute drive and 0.5 miles (0.85 km) from Burgeaux Bay. The 3 Amigos restaurant is an ideal location to enjoy local tropical drinks and some delicious food such as enchiladas, fajitas, tacos, and sandwiches. The 3 Amigos restaurant hosts lively entertainment in the evening when the restaurant transitions into a nightclub atmosphere. This restaurant also features souvenirs for sale such as hats, postcards, t-shirts, and more. The average cost of a meal at the 3 Amigos Restaurant is between $15 to $25 (€13 to €22).
What are the best resorts near Burgeaux Bay?
The best resorts near Burgeaux Bay offer guests comfortable accommodation with a variety of amenities at their disposal. Some of the best hotels in St. Martin can be found near Burgeaux Bay. Listed below are some of the best resorts near Burgeaux Bay.
- The Morgan Resort & Spa: This resort is located within a 3-minute drive and 0.4 miles (0.6 km) from Burgeaux Bay. This accommodation is conveniently situated along the beach and features an onsite restaurant as well as an outdoor pool terrace. The rooms at the Morgan Resort & Spa come with air conditioning, WiFi, and a balcony view of the breathtaking turquoise blue Caribbean Sea. The rooftop at Morgan Resort & Spa offers an incredible 360 view of the airplane landings at Princess Juliana International Airport. The average cost of a night at The Morgan Resort & Spa is at least $300 (€276).
- El Zafiro Boutique Hotel: This hotel is situated within a 1-minute drive and 394 ft (120 m) from Burgeaux Bay. El Zafiro Boutique Hotel features a beachfront restaurant that is open to the public. The boutique-style suites at this hotel have air conditioning, Wi-Fi, and a private patio that offers picturesque views of the beach and other surrounding areas. The bar at El Zafiro Boutique Hotel offers expertly crafted cocktails and local beers. Some of the services at El Zafiro Boutique Hotel include wellness programs such as pilates, yoga, and kizomba that are conducted right on the beachfront. The average cost of a night at El Zafiro Boutique Hotel is between at least $269 to $384 (€247 to €353) depending on the type of suite.
- Sonesta Maho Beach Resort: This resort is an all-inclusive resort located within a 3-minute drive and 0.5 miles (0.85 km) from Burgeaux Bay. The Sonesta Maho Beach Resort features an oasis pool with a swim-up bar, a beach house kid’s club and aqua park, five restaurants, five bars, a pizzeria, a fitness center, and much more. The rooms at Sonesta Maho Beach Resort include Wi-Fi, air conditioning, and a private balcony. The average cost of a night at Sonesta Maho Beach Resort is between at least $214 to $416 (€197 to €382).
Can you stay at Burgeaux Bay Beach cottages?
Yes, you can stay at Burgeaux Bay Beach cottages. The cottages at Burgeaux Bay Beach are situated directly in front of the beach in the residential area of Beacon Hill in Sint Maarten. Some of these cottages are often rented out by private owners to guests who would like to stay within a walking distance from Burgeaux Bay Beach.
The surrounding floral gardens and palm trees at the Burgeaux Bay Beach cottages provide a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere for guests during their stay. The private patios at the beach cottages in Burgeaux Bay can allow guests to feel cozy in their accommodation as they enjoy the view of the breathtaking clear blue waters during the day and the incredible sunsets in the evening at Burgeaux Bay Beach.
What are the tours for Sint Maarten Burgeaux Bay?
There are a few tours in Sint Maarten near Burgeaux Bay. Most of the tours in St. Maarten can be found in the neighboring Simpson Bay area which is situated on the eastern side of Burgeaux Bay. The tours near Burgeaux Bay allow tourists the opportunity to visit other places in Saint Martin such as some of the French towns and the various sandy beaches on the island. Some of the tours near Burgeaux Bay also take visitors on a trip to neighboring islands such as Anguilla, Saba, and St. Barths.
The different types of tours near Burgeaux Bay showcase the different aspects of St. Maarten such as the historical monuments of the island, the shopping scene, the wildlife, the culture, and the diverse flavorful food. Some of the tours near Burgeaux Bay include activities such as swimming, snorkeling, ATV riding, sailing, and much more.
The cost of tours near Burgeaux Bay depends on the duration and the services provided on the tours. Some tours can be at least 1 hour 30 minutes long while other tours can be up to 9 hours long. The services offered on some of the tours include transportation, meals, and multilingual tour guides who can speak English, French, Spanish, and other languages. The average cost of tours near Burgeaux Bay are between $50 to $250 (€44 to €219) per person.
What should you wear in Burgeaux Bay?
Visitors may wonder what to wear in Burgeaux Bay. Burgeaux Bay features warm tropical weather, so visitors can opt to wear summer-friendly clothing. Some of the clothing and accessories that are suitable to wear at Burgeaux Bay are listed below.
- Sun hat
- A Sundress
- Flip flops
What activities can be done in Burgeaux Bay?
There are some fun activities available for visitors trying to figure out what to do in Burgeaux Bay St. Maarten. Burgeaux Bay offers some exciting activities and visitors can also explore nearby locations for more diverse options of things to do in St. Martin. Some of the activities that can be done in Burgeaux Bay are listed below.
- Sunbathing: The weather at Burgeaux Bay Beach is often sunny and ideal for some relaxing sunbathing during the day.
- Surfing: Burgeaux Bay is very popular among surfers because of its large waves in the safe shallow waters of the beach.
- Sightseeing: The area of Burgeaux Bay features some beautiful luxurious villas and walking paths that can allow visitors to enjoy the view of the neighborhood as well as the Caribbean Sea in front of it.
- Sunset viewing: The sunsets at Burgeaux Bay are breathtakingly beautiful and visitors can curl up on a beach hammock in the evening and enjoy the view of the sun setting over the clear turquoise blue water at Burgeaux Bay Beach.
- Eating at a restaurant: There are some great restaurants near Burgeaux Bay that guests can explore and enjoy delicious diverse cuisines as well as some of Sint Maarten’s finest local drinks.
What are the night activities in Burgeaux Bay?
There are a few exciting night activities available in Burgeaux Bay. Much of the night activities in Burgeaux Bay are often enjoyed at nearby destinations such as nightclubs, restaurants, bars, and other places. Some of the night activities at Burgeaux Bay are listed below.
- Dancing at some of the nightclubs near Burgeaux Bay that feature DJs and live musical performances.
- Fine dining at the local restaurants near Burgeaux Bay that offer a variety of tasty cuisines.
- Gambling at the casinos near Burgeaux Bay.
- Karaoke fun at some of the bars near Burgeaux Bay that offer karaoke.
- Stargazing in the nighttime at Burgeaux Bay Beach.
What are the facts about Burgeaux Bay?
There are some interesting facts about Burgeaux Bay. Some of the facts about Burgeaux Bay are listed below.
- Burgeaux Bay is situated on the Dutch side of Sint Maarten.
- Burgeaux Bay is located in a pristine modern residential area surrounded by luxurious beachfront villas, palm trees, and beautiful floral gardens.
- Burgeaux Bay Beach is very rocky which often makes swimming access challenging.
- Burgeaux Bay is an ideal surfing location because of its safe shallow waters that often feature large waves.
- Burgeaux Bay is within a 10-minute walking distance from popular areas in Dutch St. Maarten such as Maho beach which is great for plane spotting, and Simpson Bay which offers a variety of tours.
- Burgeaux Bay Beach features an abundance of seashells on the shore and sea urchins are also abundant in the tide pools found at the bay.
- Burgeaux Bay is only a 30-minute sail away from the neighboring island of St. Barths which can allow visitors an opportunity to explore other islands during their stay in Sint Maarten.
How do hurricanes affect Burgeaux Bay?
Hurricanes affect Burgeaux Bay when they occur in Sint Maarten. The tropical savanna climate at Burgeaux Bay brings a hurricane season from late May to November. Some of the previous hurricanes that affected Burgeaux Bay were “Hurricane Irma” and “Hurricane Maria” which both occurred in the month of September in 2017.
Some of the homes and buildings in Burgeaux Bay suffered damage from Hurricane Irma. Many of the restaurants, hotels and businesses near Burgeaux Bay were heavily impacted with power and water supplies also affected in the area.
There have been efforts made to recover from the impact of the Hurricanes on Burgeaux Bay and surrounding areas. These efforts have yielded much success with restaurants, hotels, and other businesses being restored and reopened. Homes have also been rebuilt in the area and power and water supply is fully functional.
Is Burgeaux Bay safe?
Yes, Burgeaux Bay is safe. Burgeaux Bay is situated in the upscale residential area of Beacon Hill in St. Maarten. Burgeaux Bay often attracts families looking to buy a home in the area because of the secure community and beautiful surroundings.