Dawn Beach is a famous beach that is located on the eastern coast of the island of St. Maarten. Dawn Beach is known for its stunning sunsets, beautiful white sand, and clear blue water. Dawn Beach is a popular spot on the island for swimming and sunbathing. Dawn Beach also has numerous water sports available for guests to enjoy such as snorkeling, surfing, jet skiing, and more.
Dawn Beach itself is a very secluded beach with no amenities. Tourists love to travel to Dawn Beach to soak in the natural beauty of the beach uninhibited by large numbers of people. Dawn Beach is located next to some famous tourist areas in Saint Martin such as the towns of Grand Case and Orient Bay. Many who visit Dawn Beach also enjoy visiting these nearby areas so they can eat at delicious restaurants and enjoy the local shopping. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing getaway or an action-packed vacation, Dawn Beach is sure to please.
Table of Contents
- Where is Dawn Beach located?
- Why should you visit Dawn Beach?
- What are the ways to go to Dawn Beach?
- What are the weather conditions at Dawn Beach?
- What are the temperature conditions in Dawn Beach?
- What are the facts about Dawn Beach?
- What are the popular destinations near Dawn Beach?
- What should you wear at Dawn Beach?
- What activities can be done in Dawn Beach?
Where is Dawn Beach located?
Dawn Beach is located on the eastern coast of the island of Sint Maarten. Dawn Beach is located just south of the French/Dutch border on the Dutch side of the island. The coordinates of Dawn Beach are 18.0495° N, 63.0172° W.
Why should you visit Dawn Beach?
Some reasons to visit Dawn Beach are because it has calm waters, beautiful sunsets, and it is the ideal spot to lounge on the warm sand and soak up the sun. There are many activities to enjoy at Dawn Beach such as kayaking, snorkeling, surfing, and more. Dawn Beach is a popular beach on the island of St. Maarten that is sure to please travelers looking for all types of experiences.
Which country governs Dawn Beach?
Dawn Beach is governed by the Netherlands. The southern side of the island of St. Maarten is owned and governed by the Netherlands, this includes Dawn Beach. St. Maarten is a dually owned island that is owned by France and the Netherlands.
What does a map of Dawn Beach show?
A map will be provided later.
What does a video of Dawn Beach show?
Below you’ll find a YouTube video that shows an overview of Dawn Beach, St. Maarten.
What are the ways to go to Dawn Beach?
Dawn Beach is a common tourist attraction in St. Maarten, this makes it an easy location to travel to from most points on the island. There are several different forms of transport that make it possible to travel to Dawn Beach whether you are coming to St. Maarten via cruise ship or staying at one of the hotels on the island for an extended time.
Some of these different methods of transportation are via public transport, taxi, and rental car. The different methods that can be used to get to Dawn Beach are listed and explained below.
- Public transportation: The main method of public transportation in Saint Martin is the bus, it is also the cheapest form of transportation on the island with the cost of a one-way ticket ranging from $1 to $3 (€0.86 to €2.50) per person. This is a method of transportation that many tourists rely on during their stay in St. Maarten. The buses in Saint Martin have frequent routes that stop at major cities on the island that are near Dawn Beach such as the Dutch Quarter. From this location, it is possible to take a taxi to Dawn Beach. Each bus has an identifying marker that states the driver’s route which is usually a sign in the front window that indicates the starting and ending point of the route. Tourists disembarking their cruise ship at the port in Philipsburg can walk for approximately 10 minutes to the center of Phillipsburg to catch a bus to the Dutch Quarter; these buses pass by every 15 minutes or so. The trip from Philipsburg to Dawn Beach should take no longer than 25 minutes one way. The same route should be followed on your way back to the cruise ship port from Dawn Beach. Make sure to leave plenty of time for travel to board the cruise ship before its departure if you are traveling to St. Maarten via cruise ship.
- Taxi: Taxis are readily available throughout Saint Martin and are a form of transportation that a lot of tourists rely on when they visit St. Maarten. Usually, these taxis are vans that can carry up to 10 people. Taxis are especially available at the arrival section of the cruise ship port in Philipsburg, at major hotels on the island as well as at Princess Juliana International airport. Drivers usually only accept cash in both Euros and U.S Dollars. The prices of each taxi ride can range from $4 to $45 (€3.5 to €40) depending on the distance and timing of your trip to Dawn Beach. It is important to agree on a rate with the driver before entering the taxi. There are no Lyft or Uber services available on the island of Saint Martin.
- Renting a car: Most travelers choose to rent a car during their stay in Saint Martin. This is a good option if you are planning to stay in St. Maarten for an extended time and would like to explore more parts of the island independently, including Dawn Beach. Renting a car would not be very practical if you are traveling to St. Maarten via cruise ship. Several car rental companies are available for tourists at both Princess Juliana International Airport in Dutch Sint Maarten and at Grand Case Airport in French Saint Martin. These rental car companies usually charge around $30 (€25) per day.
Is Dawn Beach close to Princess Juliana International Airport?
No, Dawn Beach is not located close to Princess Juliana International Airport. Dawn Beach is located 9.5 miles (15.3 km) from Princess Juliana International Airport. It usually takes 26 minutes to drive from Princess Juliana International Airport to Dawn Beach.
What are the weather conditions at Dawn Beach?
The weather conditions in Dawn Beach are much like the weather conditions that can be felt throughout the entire island of St. Maarten. The climate characteristics of St. Maarten are warm and tropical throughout the year.
Dawn Beach, however, is located on the eastern coast of the island, this area is known to receive winds that come from the east. Due to Dawn Beach being on the eastern coast it is known for being quite windy, this makes it the perfect location to participate in sports that require a lot of wind such as kitesurfing and windsurfing.
What are the temperature conditions in Dawn Beach?
The temperature conditions at Dawn Beach range throughout the year. The average temperature of Dawn Beach is between 75°F to 87°F (24°C and 31°F). A graph that depicts the range in temperature throughout the year at Dawn Beach, Sint Maarten can be seen below.
A graph will be provided later.
Did the Irma Hurricane affect Dawn Beach?
Yes, Hurricane Irma did affect Dawn Beach. Hurricane Irma struck the island of St. Maarten in 2017 and caused significant damage to the hotels near Dawn Beach such as The Westin Dawn Beach Resort. Other buildings and tourist attractions were also destroyed on Dawn Beach. However, nowadays the island’s government has worked hard at restoring the beach to its former state.
Other hurricanes that have affected Dawn Beach in recent years have been Hurricane Maria in 2017, Hurricane Rafael in 2012, and Hurricane Otto in 2010.
What are the facts about Dawn Beach?
St. Maarten is an island full of wonder and there are many interesting facts about St. Maarten that tourists should know before visiting the top tourist attractions. There are several facts about Dawn Beach that would be helpful to know before visiting. Some of the facts about Dawn Beach are listed below.
- Dawn Beach is located on the Dutch side of St. Maarten near the French/Dutch Border.
- Dawn Beach is located near popular towns on the island of St. Maarten such as Oyster Pond, Grand Case, and Orient Beach. Those visiting Dawn Beach will enjoy taking in the sites and eating at the nearby restaurants.
- Dawn Beach is a popular beach for snorkeling on the island of St. Maarten. The water at Dawn Beach is exceptionally clear which makes snorkeling and seeing undersea life a fun experience.
- There are no amenities at Dawn Beach. There are no restaurants, bars or places selling beach chairs and umbrellas on the beach. Those planning on going to Dawn Beach should bring their own beach day necessities.
- Parking at Dawn Beach is free of charge.
What is the size of Dawn Beach?
Dawn Beach is 0.89 miles (1.4 km) in length. Dawn Beach is longer than Great Beach which is another popular beach on the island of St. Maarten that is 0.26 miles (0.4 km) in length. Dawn Beach is shorter than Orient Bay, which is a popular beach nearby Dawn Beach that is 2 miles (3.21 km) in length.
What is the population of Dawn Beach?
Dawn Beach is a popular beach in St. Maarten that tourists highly frequent. The population of the beach is not set and is always changing. Dawn Beach is located on the Dutch side of St. Maarten which has the highest population in St. Maarten between the French and Dutch sides of the island.
What are the popular destinations near Dawn Beach?
Some of the popular destinations in Saint Martin that are located near Dawn Beach are listed below.
- The town of Orient Bay
- The town of Grand Case
- Big Fish (Restaurant)
- The town of Oyster Pond
- Parrotville Bird Sanctuary
- Loterie Farm
Which beaches are near Dawn Beach?
There are a few popular beaches that are located near Dawn Beach. Some of the most popular beaches in St. Maarten with gorgeous views are located near Dawn Beach. Some other beaches that are located near Dawn Beach are listed below.
- Orient Bay Beach
- Grand Case Beach
- Guana Bay Beach
What are the best clubs in Dawn Beach?
Dawn Beach is not an area in St. Maarten that is known for having lively nightlife with clubs and bars. Dawn Beach is located near the French/Dutch Border of the island of St. Maarten where it is known to be more peaceful and calmer. The best clubs in Sint Maarten are located on the southern Dutch side of the island in towns like Simpson Bay and Philipsburg.
What are the best restaurants near Dawn Beach?
Although Dawn Beach is a beach that is mostly secluded and there are a few delicious restaurants that are located nearby. Some of these restaurants can even be considered the best restaurants in St. Maarten. The restaurants located near Dawn Beach are listed below.
- Big Fish Seafood Grill: A popular seafood restaurant that is located in Oyster Pond, Saint Martin. Big Fish Seafood Grill & Hurricane Bar is about a 7-minute drive from Dawn Beach. The seafood there is known for being delicious and the service is praised by many guests of the restaurant in online reviews. The prices range from $31 to $50 (€29 to €46) per entree.
- Oasis Restaurant: A restaurant located in Oyster Pond that specializes in French Cuisine. Oasis Restaurant is about a 4 min drive from Dawn Beach. This restaurant serves lunch and dinner that is expertly prepared and sought after by many who visit St. Maarten. They are open from Tuesday to Sunday from 11 am to 11 pm. The prices range from $11 to $31 (€10 to €30) per entree.
- BZH Creperie: This is a European and vegetarian-friendly restaurant located in Oyster Pond St. Maarten. BZH Creperie is about a 4-minute drive away from Dawn Beach. BZH Creperie serves entrees, desserts, and drinks that are artistically designed. Many guests who visit rave about the beautiful ambiance and excellent service of the restaurant. They are open from Monday to Saturday from 5 pm to 10 pm. The prices range from $15 to $55 (€14 to €51) per entree.
What are the best resorts near Dawn Beach?
There are a few resorts located near Dawn Beach. Some of the resorts located near Dawn Beach can even be considered the best resorts in St. Martin. The best resorts near Dawn Beach are listed below.
- Oyster Bay Beach Resort: A resort located in Oyster Pond, Saint Martin that is located 0.4 miles (700 m) away from Dawn Beach. They are known for having a friendly and helpful staff and being within walking distance of the beach. The price ranges from $137 to $329 (€181 to €443) per night for a standard room.
- Coral Beach Club: This resort is nestled between the prestigious Oyster Pond and Dawn Beach. Coral Beach Club is a group of villas that are private sanctuaries. Many guests enjoy the ambiance of the resort as well as the attentive staff. The price ranges from $285 to $650 (€267 to €610) per night for a standard room.
- The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa: This is a luxurious resort that is located directly on Dawn Beach. This beautiful hotel offers the perfect combination of luxury and comfort and has 35 beachfront junior suites. The price ranges from $825 to $1,261 (€750 to €1,146) per night.
What are the best cafes near Dawn Beach?
There are no cafes directly on Dawn Beach. However, there are wonderful and delicious cafes that are located in nearby towns such as Orient Bay and Philipsburg. Some of the cafes that can be found in the nearby towns to Dawn Beach can be considered the best cafes in St. Maarten. Some of the cafes that are located near Dawn Beach are listed below.
- Good Morning Cafe: This cafe is located in Orient Bay, Saint Martin and is 5.9 miles (9.6 km) away from Dawn Beach. This cafe specializes in freshly baked pastries and has a large variety of sandwiches, salads, and pasta. Good Morning Cafe is open from 6 am to 6 pm daily. The prices range from $6 to $20 (€5 to €18) per meal.
- Coco Beach: A popular and extravagant cafe located in Orient Bay, St. Martin. Coco Beach is located 5.7 miles (9.3 km) away from Dawn Beach. This cafe has a lovely view of the ocean and is often called a food lover’s paradise. They serve a variety of different breakfast and lunch food and are open on Tuesday to Sunday from 7 am to 6 pm. Their prices vary from $13 to $102 (€12 to €96) per meal.
- Happy Belly Cafe: A special cafe that is located in Philipsburg, Sint Maarten. Happy Belly Cafe is located 3.1 miles (5.1 km) away from Dawn Beach. They serve delicious breakfast, lunch, and dinner and are open from Monday to Saturday from 10 am to 10 pm. The prices range from $6 to $20 (€5 to €18) per meal.
What are the tours for Sint Maarten Dawn Beach?
The island of St. Maarten has many tours that are available for tourists to take to see all of the sights of the island. Some of the best St. Maarten tours also take travelers to Dawn Beach. Some of the tours in St. Maarten that take tourists to Dawn beach are listed below.
- Captain Bob Speed Boat Tour: This is a 6-hour speed boat tour that takes tourists to some of the finest golden sandy beaches along the coast of St. Maarten including Dawn Beach. This tour includes snorkeling equipment, lunch, drinks, and unlimited snacks. The price is $129 (€121) per person.
- The Best Catamaran Day Sail: This is a 5-hour tour that visits different beaches along the coast of St. Maarten including Mullet Bay, Little Bay, and Dawn Beach. Guests can enjoy the beautiful scenery of the different beaches as well as swing from a Tarzan swing from the boat. There is also lunch provided for guests. The price of the tour is $119.00 (€111) per person.
- Maarten Luxury Catamaran Full-Day Group Charter SXM Tour: This is a 9-hour luxury Sail along the beaches on the coast of St. Maarten including Dawn Beach, Grand Case Beach, and Orient Bay Beach. Guests can enjoy lounging and sunbathing on the sand and a gourmet lunch and dinner that is provided. Tickets for this tour cost $254.00 (€238) per person.
What should you wear at Dawn Beach?
The entire island of St. Maarten has a tropical and warm climate. Many who travel to St. Maarten may wonder what to pack and what to wear in St. Martin. Those who are visiting Dawn Beach may also wonder what to wear during their visit there.
The temperature on Dawn Beach can range from 75°F to 87°F (24°C and 31°F), because of this many who visit choose to wear lightweight clothing that will prevent them from being too hot. The typical clothing that should be worn in St. Maarten is listed below.
- Sandals or flip flops
- Water shoes
What activities can be done in Dawn Beach?
There are plenty of activities that tourists can enjoy while on Dawn Beach. Some of the activities that can be enjoyed at Dawn Beach are some of the best things to do in Saint Martin. Some of the activities that can be enjoyed at Dawn Beach are listed below.
- Taking a Catamaran Ride
- Taking a ride on a Yacht
- Playing sports on the beach
- Having a picnic on the beach
What are the nightlife activities that can be done near Dawn Beach?
Dawn Beach is not an area in St. Maarten that is known for having a lively nightlife with many activities to participate in such as going to casinos, clubs, and bars. Dawn Beach is located near the French/Dutch Border of the island of St. Maarten where it is known to be more peaceful and calmer. The majority of the nightlife activities on the island are located on the southern Dutch side of the island in towns like Simpson Bay and Philipsburg.
Is Dawn Beach Safe?
Yes, Dawn Beach is a safe place to visit in Saint Martin. The island of St. Maarten is known for being a safe island in the Caribbean. The crime rate in St. Maarten is very low compared to some of the other countries in the Caribbean. Most of the crimes that occur on the island of St. Maarten are petty thefts and car break-ins. These factors make St. Maarten a safe island to visit.
When is the best time to visit Dawn Beach?
The best time to visit Dawn Beach is between the months of March to June. This is when there is a stable temperature that ranges from 75°F to 87°F (24°C and 31°F). The hottest months of the year at dawn Beach are July and August, these would not be the most ideal months to visit. However, St. Maarten is a wonderful destination that tourists can enjoy at all times of the year.
Is Dawn Beach a good destination for couples?
Yes, Dawn Beach is a wonderful destination for couples because it is a secluded beach where couples can enjoy romantic quality time. Dawn Beach is also known for its amazing sunsets that can add to the ambiance of a romantic evening.
Are there festivals at Dawn Beach?
No, there are no festivals at Dawn Beach specifically but there are many festivals that occur on the island of St. Maarten in different locations throughout the year. Some of the festivals that occur on the island of St. Maarten throughout the year are listed below.
- The Regatta
- The Grand Case Festival
- St. Maarten Day
- The St. Maarten Food and Wine Festival
- The Alliance Race