Pointe Blanche is an area on the Dutch side of St. Maarten near the capital city of Philipsburg. Although Pointe Blanche doesn’t have an official beach, it is perfect for nature lovers who enjoy hiking. Pointe Blanche is a residential and safe area that is located just 0.5 miles (850 m) from the Cruise Port of St. Maarten on the Dutch side of the island and 8 miles (12.8 km) from Princess Juliana International Airport.
Pointe Blanche is a good place for those looking for a quiet place to relax on the island with easy access to some of the best restaurants, clubs, and beaches nearby. There are different ways to reach Pointe Blanche, the most popular way is by rental car. A standard car rental in St. Martin costs an average price of $46 (€41) per day.
Table of Contents
- Where is Pointe Blanche located?
- What are the ways to go to Pointe Blanche?
- What should you wear in Pointe Blanche?
- What are the popular things to do in Pointe Blanche?
- What are the facts about Pointe Blanche?
Where is Pointe Blanche located?
Pointe Blanche is located next to the capital city of Philipsburg and is 8 miles (12.8 km) from Princess Juliana International Airport and 0.5 miles (850 m) from the Cruise Port of St. Maarten. The coordinates of Pointe Blanche are 18.0135° N, 63.0398° W.
What does a video of Pointe Blanche show?
Below you’ll find a YouTube video that shows an overview of Pointe Blanche, St. Maarten.
Which country governs Pointe Blanche?
Point Blanche is governed by the Netherlands because it is located on the Dutch side of St. Martin. Tourists may not know that there is a border division in St. Maarten that divides the island into two different parts, one side owned by the Netherlands and the other owned by France.
What are the ways to go to Pointe Blanche?
The different ways to go to Pointe Blanche are listed below.
- By taxi: Tourists can take a taxi from any place on the island to Pointe Blanche for $4 to $45 (€3.5 to €40). Pricing can vary depending on the distance and timing of the trip.
- By bus: Tourists can take the bus to every town on the island until reaching Pointe Blanche. Taking the bus is safe for locals and tourists. The price of a one-way ticket goes from $1 to $3 (€0.86 to €2.50) per person.
- By driving a car: Tourists can go to Pointe Blanche from the Princess Juliana International Airport by renting a car. Pointe Blanche is located 7.9 miles (12.7 km) away from Princess Juliana International Airport. Tourists can rent a car for $30 (€25) per day.
When is the best time to go to Pointe Blanche?
The best time to visit Pointe Blanche is between December and June.
What are the best clubs near Pointe Blanche?
The best clubs in St. Martin are on the southern Dutch side of the island near Pointe Blanche. The best clubs in St. Martin near Pointe Blanche are listed below.
- X-Lounge is a club located in Simpson Bay just 5.7 miles (9.2 km) from Pointe Blanche. X-Lounge is known for its cozy atmosphere and friendly staff. Prices for mixed drinks begin at $4 (€3.5) and top-shelf liquor begins at $6 (€5). X-Lounge is open from 6 PM to 2 AM every day.
- Palapa Grill and Lounge is a restaurant and bar located in Simpson Bay just 6.3 miles (10.1 km) from Pointe Blanche. Palapa Grill and Lounge offers a fine service, excellent cocktails made by mixologists, and live entertainment. Palapa Grill and Lounge won the Traveler’s Choice Award in 2020. Palapa Grill and Lounge is open from Monday to Sunday from 6 PM to 11 PM. The price for the food and drinks is from $30 to $150 (€26 to €132) per person.
- Topper’s Restaurant and Bar is located in Simpson Bay just 5.5 miles (8.9 km) from Pointe Blanche. Topper’s Restaurant and Bar is open from 7 AM to 2 AM every day with exquisite options for food. The price at Topper’s Restaurant and Bar can cost between $20 to $80 (€17 to €70) per person.
What are the best restaurants near Pointe Blanche?
The best restaurants in St. Martin are located in Grand Case on the northern French side of the island. The best restaurants in St. Martin near Pointe Blanche are listed below.
- Bacchus is a gourmet restaurant with an amazing staff and a modern design. Bacchus is located in Grand Case just 8.2 miles (13.2 km) from Pointe Blanche. The menu made by the chef and owner Arnaud Angeli features a variety of classic French-style dishes and an extensive wine list with wines from all over the world. The price ranges from $24 to $41 (€21 to €36) per plate. Bacchus is open from 9 AM to 6 PM from Monday to Saturday.
- Le Marocain offers authentic Moroccan cuisine in a gorgeously romantic space with an open garden that is perfect for couples. Le Marocain is located in Marigot just 7.9 miles (12.6 km) from Pointe Blanche. Le Marocain uses ingredients from their local garden. For over 20 years, Le Marocain has been one of the top restaurants in St. Martin, known for its beautiful atmosphere, an extensive collection of teas, the best service, and live entertainment. Le Marocain is open from 6 PM to 11 PM and the prices are from $15 to $30 (€12 to €25) per entree.
- Friar’s Bay Beach Café is a beachfront bistro located on Marigot on Friar’s Bay Beach. Friar’s Bay Beach Café is known for its delicious cuisine, excellent service, and good atmosphere. The price is from $18 to $34 (€16 to €30) per meal. Friar’s Bay Beach Café is open from 9 AM to 10 PM.
What are the best resorts near Pointe Blanche?
The best resorts in St. Martin are on the Dutch side of the island near Pointe Blanche. The best resorts in St. Martin near Pointe Blanche are listed and described below.
- Belair Beach Hotel is located in Little Bay, Sint Maarten just 3 miles (4.9 km) from Pointe Blanche and 4.9 miles (7.9 km) from Princess Juliana International Airport. The Belair Beach Hotel includes free breakfast for guests, restaurants inside the hotel, and access to a swimming pool. There are different water sports available for guests across the street. Belair Beach Hotel is good for families or couples. Belair Beach Hotel has an online ranking of 4 out of 5 stars. The price at the Belair Beach Hotel is an average of $150 (€138) per night.
- Flamingo Beach Resort is located in Pelican Key just 6.5 miles (10.5 km) from Pointe Blanche and 2.7 miles (4.3 km) from Princess Juliana International Airport. The Flamingo Beach Resort is well known for its beautiful ocean view and its friendly staff. The location of the Flamingo Beach Resort is perfect for tourists who want to do some duty-free shopping. The price at the Flamingo Beach Resort goes from $177 to $277 (€163 to €255).
- Divi Little Bay Beach Resort is an all-inclusive resort located in Phillipsburg just 2.9 miles (4.7 km) from Pointe Blanche and 5.4 miles (8.6 km) away from Princess Juliana International Airport. The Divi Little Bay Beach Resort is known for its comfortable and spacious rooms overlooking the bay and its dedicated staff. The price at the Divi Little Bay Beach Resort goes from $179 to $262 (€165 to €241) per night.
What are the beaches near Pointe Blanche?
It is well-known that the beaches of St. Maarten are beautiful because of their golden sand and turquoise waters. Some of the best beaches of St. Maarten near Pointe Blanche are listed below.
- Great Bay Beach
- Little Bay Beach
- Dawn Beach
- Simpson Bay Beach
- Guana Bay Beach
What are the tours for Sint Maarten Pointe Blanche?
Some of the best tours in Saint Martin that are located in Pointe Blanche are listed and explained below.
- ATV Island is a company that specializes in renting Four track ATV 4-Wheeler. One of the services that the ATV Island company offers is a 5-hour drive through the island of Saint Martin/St. Maarten. Tourists can also choose between a Motor Scooter, a 6-Seater Buggy, and a Jeep Wrangler. The price for this tour is $70 (€61) per ATV with one or two riders.
- Maarten Brewery & Beer Tours offers beer lovers the opportunity to learn more about the brewing process and enjoy plenty of samples. The St. Maarten Brewery & Beer Tours is an almost two-hour tour. The price at the St. Maarten Brewery & Beer Tours is $25.65 (€24.35) per adult. It is possible to have a maximum of 20 adults on the St. Maarten Brewery & Beer Tours.
What should you wear in Pointe Blanche?
Pointe Blanche is a residential area. There are no beaches at Pointe Blanche. Tourists should wear casual clothes on Pointe Blanche. Things that tourists on Pointe Blanche should wear are listed below.
What are the popular things to do in Pointe Blanche?
There are different things to do in St. Martin such as hiking, kayaking, horse riding, and so much more. Some popular things to do in Pointe Blanche, St. Maarten are listed below.
- Take a tour on an ATV 4-Wheeler or Scooter.
- Enjoy the amazing brewery tour mixed with St. Maarten’s history and free tasting.
- Horseback riding
What are the best attractions in Pointe Blanche?
The best attractions in Pointe Blanche are listed below.
- Natural Jacuzzi Cave
- Pirate Experience – The Rusty Parrot
What are the facts about Pointe Blanche?
Some interesting facts about Pointe Blanche are listed below.
- Pointe Blanche is part of the Dutch government.
- Pointe Blanche is located next to the cruise port of St. Maarten.
- Pointe Blanche has stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Pointe Blanche is a residential area and there are no beaches in the area.
How do hurricanes affect Pointe Blanche?
The hurricanes that occur on the island of St. Maarten during hurricane season affect Pointe Blanche. Some of the worst hurricanes recently were Hurricanes “Maria” and “Irma” in 2017. There have been many home repairs or reconstructions on Pointe Blanche since the last major hurricane in September 2017. The natural beauty of Pointe Blanche can now be enjoyed again by the local community and tourists alike.
Is Pointe Blanche safe?
Yes, Pointe Blanche is a safe place to visit. When wondering if St. Maarten is safe to visit tourists should know that the locals are friendly but like any other area, some precautions must be taken into consideration such as avoiding walking alone at night and keeping valuables safe.