The Esmeralda Resort is the only four-star hotel on Orient Bay Beach. The Esmeralda Resort is located 9.8 miles (15.8 km) away from Princess Juliana International Airport. The Esmeralda Resort offers a unique plantation-style layout and features four different suites per villa. The Esmeralda Resort is the ideal getaway for families, couples, those seeking a peaceful getaway on the beach or watersport enthusiasts.
At the Esmeralda Resort all 65 rooms and suites are spread out over 18 luxurious villas that each have a separate entrance, terrace, and swimming pool. Every detail at the Esmeralda Resort has been carefully thought out to create a sense of serenity for guests. The decor of the hotel harmonizes with the flowery vegetation and the dazzling shades of the Caribbean sea.
There are many wonderful things that guests can experience at and nearby the Esmeralda Resort such as kayaking, scuba diving, paddleboarding, swimming, snorkeling, and more. Guests of the Esmeralda Resort can also enjoy the creatively delicious cuisine of the Chef at the Astrolabe restaurant located onsite at the Esmeralda Resort and the Coco Beach restaurant which is located directly on Orient Bay Beach, right next to the Esmeralda Resort. Guests of the Esmeralda Resort are provided with a free daily continental breakfast. All of these wonderful and enjoyable activities make a stay at the Esmeralda Resort a truly magnificent experience for guests during their stay in St. Maarten.
Table of Contents
- Where is the Esmeralda Resort?
- Who is the Esmeralda Resort suitable for?
- What is the cost of the Esmeralda Resort?
- What are the amenities of Esmeralda Resort?
- What are the types of rooms at the Esmeralda Resort?
- What are the top ways to experience the Esmeralda Resort?
- Was the Esmeralda Resort affected by Hurricane Irma?
- What are the similar places to Esmeralda Resort in St. Martin?
Where is the Esmeralda Resort?
The Esmeralda Resort is located in French St. Martin. Esmeralda Resort is situated on the white sands of Orient Bay which is 9.5 miles (15.8 km) away from Princess Juliana International Airport. The coordinates for the Esmeralda Resort are 18° 5′ 26″ N, and 63° 1′ 27″ W.
Who is the Esmeralda Resort suitable for?
The Esmeralda Resort is suitable for people of all ages including families with children, couples, and even solo travelers. Guests of the Esmeralda Hotel return back to the hotel because of the lovely ambiance and wonderful service that they experience while there. Many describe the hotel as having a warm and friendly ambiance.
The Esmeralda Resort has many amenities that are suitable for families with small children as well such as free continental breakfast, and babysitting services. Those who love the beach will enjoy the proximity to the beach as the Esmeralda Resort is situated right on the sands of Orient Bay Beach.
What are the advantages of staying at Esmeralda Resort?
Some of the advantages of staying at the Esmeralda Resort are the convenient transportation options that are available, the fact that the hotel is pet-friendly, and large selection of breakfast options, and the modern and clean accommodations of the hotel. The advantages of staying at the Esmeralda Resort are listed below.
- Convenient Transportation Options: The Esmeralda Resort offers airport transportation for all guests, in order to take advantage of this perk it is necessary to arrange this with the hotel in advance. This takes one extra load of of travelers shoulders when they know that their rides to and from the airport are taken care of.
- The Hotel is Pet-Friendly: Those who are looking to travel with the family pet will find the Esmeralda Resort to be very suitable as the hotel allows pets on the premises.
- Free Breakfast buffet: The Esmeralda Resort includes free breakfast for guests which is a major plus for those who would like to have one meal of the day taken care of during their trip to St. Maarten.
- Magnificent Onsite Restaurant: Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant and even a lounge when staying at the Esmeralda Resort. The amazing restaurant that the Esmeralda Resort features is called L’Astrolabe.
- Excellent Location: Esmeralda Resort is next to Orient Bay Beach which is the liveliest beach on the island of St. Maarten.
What are the cons of staying at Esmeralda Resort?
Some of the cons of staying at the Esmeralda Resort are the lack of privacy in the rooms near the common areas, a policy applied to the breakfast buffet, and the limited meal hours at the hotel. The cons of staying at the Esmeralda Resort are listed below.
- Lack of Privacy in the rooms near the common areas: The terrace at the Esmeralda Resort is a common area in the hotel and is located near some of the rooms on the premises. Those booking these rooms might find themselves a little too close for comfort to the other guests of the hotel.
- A Breakfast Policy: Depending on the type of room booked, a breakfast plan might not be available to certain guests of the Esmeralda Resort. This may be a challenge for those who would like breakfast provided by the hotel during their stay.
What is the cost of the Esmeralda Resort?
The cost of the Esmeralda Resort ranges from $195 to $294 (€191 to €288) per night. The average weekly expenditure at the Esmeralda Resort ranges from $1,365 to $2,058 (€1,339 to €2,020). The cost of a reservation at the Esmeralda Resort includes all meals, drinks, snacks, activities, babysitting, live entertainment, spa services, internet access, and more.Check atBooking
Are there promo codes for Esmeralda Resort?
Is Esmeralda Resort all-inclusive?
Yes, the Esmeralda Resort is an all-inclusive resort.
What are the amenities of Esmeralda Resort?
Some of the amenities at the Esmeralda Resort are wheelchair access, airport transportation, pool/beach towels, free parking, babysitting, an outdoor pool, free internet access, free breakfast, activities for children, free parking, and laundry service. The amenities at the Esmeralda Resort are listed below.
- Mosquito net
- Free internet
- Free Parking
- Pets Allowed
- Outdoor pool
- Private pool
- Bar / lounge
- Wheelchair access
- Airport Transportation
- Pool/beach towels
- Activities for Children
- Non-smoking hotel
- Laundry service
- Free breakfast buffet
Does Esmeralda Resort have a restaurant?
Yes, the Esmeralda Resort features a restaurant called L’Astrolabe. The amazing L’Astrolabe restaurant offers French cuisine. The atmosphere at L’Astrolabe Restaurant is described by guests as romantic. L’Astrolabe also offers vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options. L’Astrolabe Restaurant is open from Monday to Sunday from 6:30 AM to 10:00 PM. This restaurant is reflective of the French, Dutch, and Caribbean influences which can be experienced in the food in St. Maarten / St. Martin.
Does Esmeralda Resort include breakfast?
Yes, the Esmeralda Resort includes breakfast. The Esmeralda Resort serves a continental free breakfast for guests at the L’Astrolabe restaurant. The L’Astrolabe can be considered to be one of the best breakfast places in St. Martin / St. Maarten.
What are the types of rooms at the Esmeralda Resort?
The types of rooms at the Esmeralda Resort are a deluxe king room, king suite, ocean front villa, 3 bedroom villa, 4 bedroom villa, 5 bedroom villa, presidential suite, and a deluxe oceanfront room.
There are 65 rooms available at the Esmeralda Resort. All the superior and deluxe rooms include fully equipped kitchenettes and large living rooms. A superior room generally overlooks the garden and is farther away from the beach than a standard room. A deluxe room has a larger size and is closer to the swimming pool.
What are the sizes of the rooms at the Esmeralda Resort?
The sizes of the rooms at the Esmeralda Resort range from 409 ft² to 2,152 ft² (38 m² to 200 m²). The deluxe king room is 430 ft² (40 m²) and is suitable for 2 people. The superior king room is 409 ft² (38 m²) and is suitable for 2 people. The king suite is 753 ft² (70 m²) and is suitable for 2 people. The deluxe king suite is 1,076 ft² (100 m²) and is suitable for 2 people. The two-bedroom suite is 1,506 ft² (140 m²) and is suitable for 4 people. The three-bedroom suite is 2,152 ft² (200 m²) and is suitable for 6 to 8 people.
What are the room features of Esmeralda Resort?
Some of the room features at the Esmeralda Resort are an iPod docking station, flat-screen TV, complimentary toiletries, extra large beds, housekeeping, a kitchenette, air conditioning, a private balcony, soundproof rooms, and room service. The room features at the Esmeralda Resort are listed below.
- Hair dryer
- Laptop safe
- Flat-screen TV
- Extra long beds
- Private balcony
- Room service
- Soundproof rooms
- Air conditioning
- Seating area
- iPod docking station
- Complimentary toiletries
How is the atmosphere in Esmeralda Resort?
The atmosphere in Esmeralda Resort is also relaxing, charming, and quiet because of its location next to Orient Bay. Guests at the Esmeralda Resort enjoy the amazing crystal waters at the beach and beautiful mountain views. In addition to the peaceful environment at the Esmeralda Resort, there are incredible amenities provided to guests to provide an amazing getaway. There are also accommodations for people with reduced mobility.
What are the top ways to experience the Esmeralda Resort?
The top ways to experience the Esmeralda Resort are by swimming at the outdoor pool, swimming at the beaches nearby, enjoying the live entertainment at the nearby nightclubs, jacuzzi, getting a full body massage, windsurfing, diving, snorkeling, horseback riding, and fishing. These different activities in St. Maarten / St. Martin keep families, friends, and even solo travelers coming back to the island, and also the Esmeralda Resort, year after year.
Was the Esmeralda Resort affected by Hurricane Irma?
Yes, The Esmeralda Resort was affected by Hurricane Irma back in September 2017. Hurricane Irma affected the entire island of St. Martin and severely destroyed Esmeralda Resort. Many people were shocked to see the destruction of hotels, restaurants, shops, homes, and businesses in Orient Bay after the hurricane hit. A lot of effort has been put into restoring Esmeralda Resort and Orient Bay Beach in the past few years. Nowadays tourists can enjoy the recently renovated Esmeralda Resort at Orient Beach.
Is the Esmeralda Resort safe?
Yes, the Esmeralda Resort is a safe place to stay. Guests of the Esmeralda Resort often say that they feel safe and secure when staying at the resort. Although St. Martin / St. Maarten is a relatively safe country, there are some precautions that tourists can take just as when visiting any other destination. These precautions include avoiding walking alone at night and avoiding carrying a lot of jewelry or money when walking outside of the Esmeralda Resort.
What are the similar places to Esmeralda Resort in St. Martin?
Similar places to Esmeralda Resort in St. Martin are the Secrets St. Martin Resort & Spa, the Sonesta Ocean Point Resort, The Morgan Resort and Spa, the Divi Little Bay Beach Resort, Grand Case Beach Club, and the Simpson Bay Resort & Marina. These are also the best places to stay in St. Martin / St. Maarten. Similar places to Esmeralda Resort are listed below.
- La Samanna
- Green Cay Villas
- Hotel L’Esplanade
- Hotel La Plantation
- Simpson Bay Resort
- Oyster Bay Beach Resort
- Grand Case Beach Club
- Sonesta Ocean Point Resort
- Divi Little Bay Beach Resort
- The Morgan Resort and Spa
- Simpson Bay Resort & Marina
- Secrets St. Martin Resort & Spa
What popular attractions are close to Esmeralda Resort?
Some of the popular attractions close to Esmeralda Resort are Fort Amsterdam, The Rusty Parrot, and Wallblake House. These attractions can be some of the top-rated attractions in St. Martin / St. Maarten. The popular attractions close to Esmeralda Resort are listed and explained below.
- Fort Amsterdam is located 6.8 miles (11 km) away from the Esmeralda Resort. Fort Amsterdam is located near Philipsburg, the Dutch capital of St. Maarten. In 1631, Dutch colonists built Fort Amsterdam to protect Sint Maarten from competing colonial forces, and now it is a tourist destination. Fort Amsterdam is part of the Divi Little Bay Beach Resort but it is open to the public. There is no entrance fee for Fort Amsterdam.
- The Rusty Parrot is located just 6.6 miles (10.6 km) away from the Esmeralda Resort. The Rusty Parrot teaches visitors the life of infamous pirates like Rackham based on researched materials and artifacts. The Rusty Parrot is a truly immersive experience designed to show what life was like for infamous Caribbean pirates. The Rusty Parrot experience is offered in languages such as English, Dutch, German, Spanish, and French. Dorra, the owner of The Rusty Parrot, says that she likes to present history in a fun way for anyone who wants to learn more about pirates. Tourists should book their Rusty Parrot passes 24 hours before in order to avoid long lines. The Rusty Parrot tour price is $24 (€24) per person.
- Wallblake House is a heritage plantation house working as a museum that is located on the Caribbean island of Anguilla. The Wallblake House was built in 1787 by the sugar planter Will Blake. The Wallblake House is the oldest house and surviving plantation house on the island of Anguilla. Tourists on St. Martin / St. Maarten can visit the Wallblake House by taking a ferry from Marigot. The ferry leaves every 30 minutes and the round-trip ticket costs $12 (€12) per person. The Wallblake House is open Monday to Sunday from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM.